Zika virus, Zika virus india
Zika virus is a mosquito borne animal virus that was 1st known in Uganda in 1947 in monkeys. it was later identified in humans in 1952 in Uganda and therefore the United Republic of Tanzania.
Zika virus disease are recorded in india Africa, land, Asia and also the Pacific. From the 1960s to 1980s, rare unpredictable cases of human infections were found across Africa and Asia,
Zika has been reported in 86 countries, with the largest outbreak occurring in Brazil in 2015. it had been initial reported in India in Gujarat in Gregorian calendar month, 2017, once 3 folks tested positive in Ahmedabad, that was followed by one case in Krishnagiri district in Madras in Gregorian calendar month of an equivalent year.
Zika virus is a mosquito-borne animal virus closely associated with the infectious disease and yellow jack viruses. whereas mosquitoes are the vector, the most reservoir species remains unknown, though serologic proof has been found in both West African monkeys and rodents.
Signs and symptoms
- fever are fever
- rash conjunctivitis
- (red eyes)
- muscle and joint pain
- which are similar to signs and symptoms of dengue and chikungunya fever
Zikra virus Points Key facts
- Zika virus was 1st according in Republic of Uganda in 1947, however a Zika virus irruption wasn’t according within the Americas till 2015
- Zika may be diagnosed through a blood test
- Symptoms of this virus area unit generally mild, with fever, rash and joint pain present
- Zika virus can even be seasoned sex and blood transfusions.
- Zika infection throughout gestation will cause birth defects and biological process delays
- If infected while pregnant, a mother will pass Zika to her unborn kid
- There is no immunizing agent or drugs for Zika
- Zika may be passed from a pregnant woman to her craniate. Infection throughout pregnancy will cause certain birth defects
Also Read : INDIAN SCIENTISTS (APJ Abdul Kalam history)